NAMI of Kent County is a local affiliate of NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
NAMI is a national organization that works on multiple fronts to help those with mental illness and their families. Some highlights:
- We educate through our websites, meetings, and other programs
- We support both those with mental illness and their families
- We Advocate on every level (national, state, local) to create a better society for people with mental illness
So what does this mean on the local level?
- We have General Meetings with speakers picked to educate our community about local resources
- We have a number of support groups, from our general support group, to classes such as NAMI Family to Family.
- We follow local and state politics and advocate for the needs of people with mental illness. such as the need for CIT training among police forces.
Our Board – Officers
Denise Koeper is the president of our Board
Pamela Squire and Neil Shepard are our vice presidents
Natalie Wagner is our Treasurer
Carol Snyder is our Recording Secretary
Pamela Squire is our Corresponding Secretary
Our board meets on the first Tuesday of some months. All are welcome to attend, though only board members may vote.