NAMI of Kent County is the Kent County, Michigan affiliate of NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness. NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- We have general meetings with a presenter on relevant mental health topics on the second Tuesday of every month at 7:00-8:30 PM.
- We also have a support group on the third Tuesday each month for those in recovery of mental illness, or supporters of people with mental illness. This also runs at 7:00-8:30 PM.
- The second annual NAMI Walks Grand Rapids is at Davenport University on October 7, 2017. We had a great first year, so we’re excited to build on that this October!
- On January 24th our community lost Jonathan Sper. In his memory, NAMI of Kent County, working with the Sper family, are raising money to support awareness and education, particularly for CIT programs among other initiatives to help save lives in difficult situations.
- UPDATE: CIT training has begun in Kent County. Thank you to all who support us in memory of Jonathan to help save more lives through education. Our work continues, as always.
Help Support NAMI
Looking for other ways to contribute to the support of people with mental illness and their families? You can donate using square, a secure way to give money online used by nonprofits and businesses around the world.